Monday, August 8, 2016

the olympics

Summer Olympics 2016 are here!
Who's excited? I'm excited!
Gymnastics and track & field are my favorite to watch.
These athlete's journey to get to the Olympics is so inspiring that I do squats and push ups in commercial breaks to make it feel like I'm somewhat of an athlete.
Here are some facts about this year's games.



 


What did you think of the opening ceremony watching Gisele do the LONGEST catwalk in history!


There are always a few sports in the Olympics where I'm like...hmmmm..what is happening here? Dressage being one of them. Also referred to as, "horse dancing." It is weirdly captivating though. 

Race walking maybe my new favorite sport. How do their ankles and knees move like that? I feel like there are A LOT of mom-walkers out there walking the track that may be able to compete in this! My mom being one of them. 


Here are a few of my favorite Olympic Memories. 

Kerri Strug sealing the gold medal with a broken ankle! What! Ouch!


Dominique Moceanu's balance beam performance. She is so little and young. She was always one of my favorites to watch.




Sports are such an incredible part of life. Cheers to the Olympics and for entertaining us for the next 2 weeks!  


lots and lots of gold medals,
kendra 

No comments:

Post a Comment