Wednesday, July 27, 2016

Ode to Diane Keaton

Diane Keaton. The woman is 70 years old and still has it going on. The pearls, the turtlenecks, the men's trousers, her movies, she's timeless. When I see her outfits it makes me re-consider my whole wardrobe.

Epitome of chic.

She's a huge movie star, but you feel like you know her. When you watch her in movies, she reminds you of someone in your family, but only dresses better.

Recipe for her outfits: If it's not black, white, or neutral, don't wear it. 


I have made up several hypothetical scenarios me and Diane would have if we were friends.

Scenario #1: Diane and I fly to Paris, buy baguettes, cheese and wine at the corner bodega and whoops...we accidentally bump into Jack Nicholson and we all wind up sharing boeuf bourguignon in the Eiffel Tower.

Scenario #2: Every Saturday morning we meet for coffee and read our scripts for the next Woody Allen movie we're both featured in. Oh what a life to be friends and work together -- me and Diane. All of this happening while drinking our lattes in black turtlenecks.

Scenario #3: Diane's family and mine always spend Christmas together. Diane and I go shopping together the week before at Ralph Lauren to buy black and white plaid matching skirts with a crisp white button up.

Her book, Then Again, is a great read.  
If you don't have a turtleneck and need one.

Top 3 Diane Keaton Movies
1. Father of the Bride
2. Annie Hall
3. Something's Gotta Give





Diane, you're some kind of wonderful!

pearls and penny loafers,
kendra 




2 comments:

  1. Kendra, this is lovely! Thank you for sharing this encore. Diane deserved this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Diane did deserve it! :) I'm glad you enjoyed reading it. XO

      Delete